3 Reasons You’ll Be Obsessed With BoxyCharm’s Limited Edition Collaboration with butter LONDON
How many times have you seen your favorite Insta influencer looking bright-eyed, fresh faced and touting a #wokeuplikethis hashtag? Since Facetune doesn’t work in real life, thank goodness for the rest of us there’s Butter LONDON’s Natural Goddess Eyeshadow Palette included in the July BoxyCharm Au Naturale themed box. The six-pack of colors create naturally beautiful shades that will make your eyes pop without looking like you’re trying too hard.
Here are three reasons we are obsessed with the collection—and why you’ll be, too.
1 They’re clean and cruelty free
If you aren’t already familiar with this amazing clean beauty brand, you may know butter LONDON from it’s infamous nail polish. It started all the way back in the pre-Insta days of 2005 when founder Sasha Muir created a toxin-free polish that charmed beauty editors, celebrities, fashion runways, and clean beauty seekers alike. The cult-favorite brand and pioneer in cruelty-free beauty continued its mission when it eventually expanded the line to include cosmetics formulated without parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, sodium lauryl sulfate, phthalates, BHA and triclosan.
2 The color options are killer
The butter LONDON Natural Goddess Eyeshadow Palette collection, a collaboration between BoxyCharm and butter LONDON, includes six eyeshadow shades that range from neutral to bold with names like Enchantress, Queen, Star, Diva, Temptress and Femme Fatale. The first four shades are light to medium shimmery metallics and the last two are deeper, darker mattes. And not only do they look great with most skin tone, but these highly pigmented colors have intense, one-swipe hues that are easy to apply, blend, and build upon.
3 They’re easy to layer for added intensity
These all-natural shades create effortless eye drama when you layer them. Here’s how!
- Start by adding your favorite primer and setting powder to your lids and brow bone area so you have a smooth, blank canvas to work with.
- With a clean eyeshadow brush, add a light, shimmery color like Enchantress or Queen to the to the inner corners of your eyes as well as a light swipe at the top of your brow to add a bright highlight.
- Choose a medium color, like Star or Diva for the lid and blend.
- Apply the darkest hues, such as to the outer corners of your eyelids as well as in the crease between your lids and brow bone. Blend, baby, blend!
- For added smokiness, add a medium color to your lower lash line and blend.
Charmers everywhere are going wild for the wearable shades that are perfect for daytime as they are for evening. Did you get yours? Let us know what you thought about this product in the comments below!